Friday, February 16, 2007

YOU on a Diet - Week Three

I am not going to measure my waist today. I am bloated and look like I'm in my second trimester. I did break down yesterday and bought some candy from the store across the street from my office. I then went to Trader Joe's and bought a bag of air-popped popcorn and a bottle of blood orange Italian soda.

I had to leave work early. I was sitting at a nice lunch when all of a sudden, I got the worst migrane. It felt like someone threw a vice at my head, then put my head in the vice.

Before the migrane and cramps extravaganza, I was having a great lunch with one of my favorite people. She is a producer at a pretty big company but is very laid back and down to earth. She grew up in L.A. and lived in NYC for a couple of years.

I was feeling a little down about my non-valentine having ass and felt better after talking to her. We were cracking up talking about the whole weird dating scence here.

She met her husband at the valet line at a hotel. He was in town on business and they started dating long distance. They were married within a year and now have a baby girl.

I had a chance to really talk to him at Sfashionista's baby shower a few weeks ago. He's been living in L.A. for about a year now. All his wife's single friends complain about not dating and he can't understand what is going on with the fellas out here. He told his wife I should move to Chicago. I would be "scooped up" in a minute. LOL.

No comments: