Friday, February 09, 2007

Anna Nicole Smith and the diaper wearing astronaut

It's official, people have lost their damn minds. I feel bad for Anna's family. That said, what is with the "Candle in the Wind" references? She was not Marilyn Monroe. Her death is not a "national tragedy". This did not need to be the lead news story during a time of war and the Scooter Libby trial. One of my friends works with a woman who said Anna is a legend. Okay for what? I don't get it.

I do think something is up with her lawyer/"husband" (the marriage is not legal). How is it he was around for two very suspicious deaths within a five month period?

Last week the news was all about a crazy woman wearing a diaper so she didn't have to take a ten minute bathroom break as she drove "to confront" her rival.

If I turn on the TV this weekend, it will be to the Food Network and Travel Channels. So far they have not changed their programming to offer breaking news about either of these women.

8 comments:

Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Finally someone said it. I was like...who gives a ...??? I can't name a single contribution she gave other than fodder for the gossip rags and we have plenty of that left!

gibber said...

the coverage is insanity. i mean, it's rediculous. that poor child will have a tortured life. just like her son. poor kids. they don't ask to be born into jacked up families.

Anonymous said...

I was talking on the phone to an insurance agent when she interrupted me to tell me that Anna Nicole Smith is dead. I did not care then and I don't really care now, but I feigned interest just in case she was inclined to raise my payments.
Her death is overblown in importance.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Completely agree, but since I'm a lawyer by training, this stuff is fascinating (in a train wreck kinda way)...an inheritance from the old guy still up in the air, a baby whose father is one of three men (did you see Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband says it's him?), an estranged family, and even a lawsuit against her (and TrimSpa). What a big ole mess, like her sad life. Let's hope they can figure out something for that 5-month-old....

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Sognatrice...when I saw Zsa Zsa's husband on the news I said WTF? Oh my god, the whole thing is bananas. He said Anna really wanted to be a Princess (he's a Prince) so he talked to his wife about adopting Anna. Thank God Zsa Zsa said no to adopting her husband's mistress.

re: her daughter, if she didn't leave a will, her father will get custody.

Tracie P. said...

wait wait! i too had sexual relations with ms. smith.

i could SO be the daddy.

sfashionista said...

i am so disappointed in the comments on this blog. clearly, you don't have the latest information, and i feel that it is up to me to step up and defend her honor. i am currently 38 weeks pregnant...and anna nicole is the daddy.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Tracie B. and Sfashionsita I had no idea you even knew Ms. Smith.