Friday, February 02, 2007

The Jackson 5 enjoying themselves on VH1 Classics

I was at the gym this morning on the treadmill going nowhere fast. One of the TV monitors was showing the VH1 Classics channel. After a Peter Frampton song, they showed a video for the song "Enjoy Yourself." It looked it was from a live show like Top of the Pops or something. Michael was so handsome with his huge 'fro and electric blue jumpsuit.

I am not going to ask again what the hell happened, but I almost teared up seeing that video. I think all his plastic surgeons should be arrested for crimes against nature.

Later a Journey video came on. Steve Perry's shirt was unfortunate but what a voice. I know people like to talk smack about Journey saying they are cheesy. I think this is unfair. Most videos from the 80's were cheesy. Although special mention goes to Journey's "Separate Ways" video. It's one where they are standing on a shipping dock somewhere.

Speaking of the 80's one of my college roomates was in town for work. We went to dinner at Angelini Osteria. As always the food was amazing. I had fish instead of pasta, only one glass of wine, no bread or dessert.

I cannot believe my friend is married with two boys. It seems like only yesterday we met on Boland 8, our dorm freshman year. After dinner I looked at the coffee table book on Impressionism art she gave me one year for Christmas. She signed the book and I cracked up reading her comments. For some reason she name checked Corniela Guest (the daughter of the late, great C.Z. Guest). She also wrote we would be friends forever and twenty years later that is true.

6 comments:

Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

I am so with you on both counts - loved natural Michael and Journey ROCKS! :)

Anonymous said...

I was watching some Michael Jackson videos on Youtube yesterday. He was/is so talented. Who knew the makeup used for him in the Thriller video would one day become his actual face.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Ms. Italy - glad to see someone else loves the Band from the Bay.

J.Doe -I know. The whole thing is just sad.

Tracie P. said...

i'll never forget sneaking into my friend's older sister's room after she would go out for the evening to listen to her journey album and sing with the hairbrush.

and then we found her prince stash...

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Tracie B. - clearly you and your sister have great taste. :)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

oops that should have read "friend's sister"