Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Naples is molto bananas

I will have to write about it tomorrow. I am wiped out. I slept for only 5 hours last night.

I thought we were going to have an early evening last night since I was meeting my friend Ettore, his girlfriend and their 3 months-old baby boy. We went to a local cute place off Piazza Navona. Everyone had to stop and say "bello bambino". Their son is so cute, it's not right.

Around 10 we started to walk back to Ettore's car. He stopped by a bar to see if his brother is there. He is. All his brother's friends came out and checked out the baby. Another friend cames over on his scooter and I noticed he was quite cute and looked familiar. It's because it was the actor Claudio Santa Maria. Very nice guy and he scored major points with me when he complimented me on my Italian. We all stood outside and talked for a while.

The music at the bar was great, lots of Prince, Marvin Gaye, and the Police. Around midnight my friend's girlfriend said she needed to get home and get ready for work tomorrow. I couldn't believe how many people were out so late on Monday. Ettore said it was very quiet and in the Spring and Summer the streets are packed. I walked home and by the time I went to bed it was 1:00 a.m.

Tomorrow I will try to post about my day in Naples with the one and only Tracie B.

3 comments:

gibber said...

I am molto jealous.

Delina said...

I agree, Naples is bananasissima!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Delina - I like that new word. If I start to use it I might annoy all my friends back home.