Thursday, February 01, 2007

emotional eating per YOU On A Diet

I am happy to report that I have already dropped an inch from my waist since I started reading the book. Despite the lack of pasta, Jelly Bellys, Swedish Fish, apple pie, popcorn, and other things I enjoy have not turned into a cranky, beeatch.

I'm now on the chapter regarding emotional eating. According to zee book, I like to eat the above items because I am depressed and sexually frustrated. Hello, Ray Charles could see that. Well, actually I don't think I'm depressed anymore, but the other reason is cause for alarm. Seriously. The book also points out that the section of the brain that deals with sex also deals with appetite.

I was at an agency meeting today with my boss and during half the meeting I was thinking about sex. I wondered "why am I stuck in this conference room? I would rather be at L'Ermitage or Chateau Marmont meeting my sexy boyfriend." Then I remembered, oh hell, I don't have a boyfriend, not even a lovah!

Okay, so post Rome I have to figure something out. I refuse to be "on strike" for all of '07. It just isn't right. I talked to my friends about fix ups. All the decent men they know are married, the others are gay or are single for a reason. Also, in L.A. a major problem is my age. Most of my peers want to date women at least 10 years younger.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Mmmmm....Swedish Fish.

Congrats on losing that inch!!!! I really enjoy Dr. Oz, and was thinking of buying that book, but I've been making my husband go to the gym with me, and that seems to be working. He's brutal - if I make a face or roll my eyes, he makes me do more reps!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Kali buy the book. It's fantastic. A little dry at time but has a ton of good medical info.

I started taking boot camp classes again at the gym. My teacher sounds like your husband.

Anonymous said...

I repeat what kali said, congratulations on losing that inch. (and not turning into a cranky beeatch to do it :) )

gibber said...

I think I'm gonna pick this up sometime this weekend.

Waspgoddess said...

Hello, I've seen your name on Sognatrice's blog and thought I should visit. And immediately I'm curious (and slightly confused and almost a bit upset) Swedish fish? I've never heard of these things that you all seem to love (and I'm Swedish). Please share your secret...

Ps. Congrats on your success! Makes the no-fish diet worth it I'm sure :)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Waspgoddess thanks for stopping by. Not to worry, Swedish Fish is a type of candy. They are like gummy bears but shaped like fish with a thicker consistency. I love them but have no idea why they are called Swedish Fish.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Thanks J. Doe and Gibber get the book. I get the hype now.