Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A hectic day but good news on the book front

I'm glad it's August. It means one of the crappiest summers of my life is almost over.

I had a conference call at 8:00 this morning with my editor. She really liked the changes I made. I will be getting back my ms later next week with her line edits. My next draft will focus on cleaning up typos, grammar and tweaking some dialogue. I'm very excited to be close to the finish line. Next step....looking for an agent.

I have been on the phone all morning with my office/producers/agents regarding a project. Usually this is the time of year Hollywood starts to slow down (on the film side). However, with all this strike talk everyone is trying to set up more pre-strike movies. It would be great if we could get another going before June '08.

Is it wrong to have a mojito at 4:30 in the afternoon? I feel like making one. I'll go easy on the rum, since I still have a ton of work to do. I think it's okay. Plus, I can't let these limes spoil.

7 comments:

Roam2Rome said...

Congrats on the book editing process, it has been a looong process, I'm sure.

Yes, ofcourse, those limes definitely should not have to go to waste! One must sacrifice a mojito :) Enjoy

Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Mojito, thy destiny hath been written! :) Good news on the book front - start shopping it around! Now you just have to work on the perfect query :)

Giulia said...

I hope you had that mojito... you deserve it! :)

Jen said...

Congrats on the editing - that's my least favorite part (or revisions, anyway). And yeah, summer is for 4:30 mojitos... can't let those limes go to waste ;-)

Kathy said...

It would be a shame to waste food....


Glad to hear things are looking good with the book!

Anonymous said...

Get your mojito on!! You need to reward yourself for working so hard on your book. And if you need further inspiration, just look at that "Italian scenery" photo on Nicki's blog!!!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

roam to rome - thanks, it has been a loooong process.

sara - I know! Very nervous about that part of it.

giulia - yes I did. It was very refreshing. ha.

jen - I actually like the re-writing part the best. The first draft is like the blueprint. Yes letting limes go to waste is a terrible thing. :)

kathy - grazie!

rose in cali - oh I got my mojito on. I also checked out the "Italian scenery" on Nicki's blog. I never see scenery like that here. Yet another reason to move. haha