Thursday, September 06, 2007

Luciano Pavarotti 1935 - 2007

"Penso che una vita per la musica sia una vita spesa bene ed è a questo che mi sono dedicato."

"I think a life in music is a life beautifully spent and this is what I have devoted my life to."
- Luciano Pavarotti


I didn't know he worked as school teacher then as an insurance salesman after graduating from school for six years before he decided to pursue music full time. He came from a musical family but loved soccer and wanted to play pro.

He is one of the greatest singers ever. During his last concert in New York City he received a 12 minute standing ovation. He will be missed.

6 comments:

Delina said...

Yes he will be missed.

gibber said...

sad. he is irreplaceable. his voice gives me chills.

Jen said...

He's going to be my post tomorrow, I think. I'm really sad today. I was able to see him in 1977 as part of a project that NYC did with various schools - we put on La Boheme with Met-designed materials, and we got to go to the Met's dress rehearsal. The great man himself came and spoke with us, and shook the hands of our Rudolfo.

What a voice.

Roam2Rome said...

An amazing voice! A man with a passion for life :)

Anonymous said...

An amazing man. l love that quote.

Liane Spicer said...

He will definitely be missed, but his beautiful music will live on.