Tuesday, September 23, 2008

J. Hud & Punk?! I have some questions about this, the Emmys and Italia's Next Top Model.

Did anyone watch the Emmy awards? I tried to watch part of the red carpet on E! but couldn't take Ryan Seacrest. I did laugh when he invited Sandro Oh's parents to the stage.

Ryan: What is your mom's name?
Sandra: Mrs. Oh.

Ryan looked confused. Why did he assume he could call this woman that he doesn't know by her first name? Didn't he know in other cultures that's considered rude?

This year's Emmys (I know the Oscars air live in Italy but not sure about the Emmys) was the lowest rated in years. I wonder what the producers of the show were smoking. It's the 60th anniversary of the show and they chose to have 5 reality/game show hosts emcee the show? Several reviews pointed out the stupidity of that move. You're giving awards to a group of actors, writers, producers etc. who are losing jobs left and right because of reality TV. Plus I heard the hosts were terrible. It's hard to do these award shows. Ellen Degeneres was a great host a few years ago. They should have brought her back.

Jennifer Hudson is engaged to "I Love New York" contestant Punk. I thought she had a bf from back home. When did this happen? Why did a smart guy with a great job quit to be on the show in the first place? Did he really like Miss New York or did he just want to become "famous".

From what I can see, VH1 here doesn't air their reality shows. That is probably a good thing. Less distractions. ha

I did get sucked into Italia's Next Top Model. New season starts today. Last week I watched some of the tryouts. Fascinating. I understood maybe 50% of the Italian. One of the judges, Michael uses a lot of English words. Is he American? Michael in Italian is spelled and pronounced Michele (MeeKEYlay). I noticed the host called him Michael.

I recognized the other judge, the French/Greek model, Nadege. She is fierce. I've always loved her style. That short hair is not an easy look to rock.


I think this host is less over the top than Ms. Banks. Is she a former model as well? Here is a little clip from Season One.

15 comments:

Michellanea said...

I didn't see the Emmys but Ryan Seacrest - ugh. He's so sure of himself in a frat boy kind of way that just bugs. Michael from Italia's Next Top Model must be American. He speaks Italian very well but if you listen, you can hear his "aaahchaynto amairicaaaahno" and when he speaks English, he has a perfect American accent. Natasha Whatsherface is a former model. She's fine but I find her to be a bit flat - she doesn't do a lot for me.

Anonymous said...

Ha, I saw the part with Mr and Mrs Oh too! I loved the way Sandra Oh said *Mrs Oh* to him. That was enough for me, I mean 2 hours of red carpet? Am I out of touch or something? Who the h?$£ cares? I would have much preferred to see the actual awards show.

Anonymous said...

oh, how i wish i could see the glorious fabulousness that is italia's next top model! youtube! why have i never seen or heard of this before?

why are the italian model hopefuls so much better looking that the americano ones?

glamah16 said...

I thought JH had her boyfriend from home too. Lets hope she knows what shes doing. Thankfully I missed the Emmys! :-)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

michellanea - grazie for the information. I have to Google Michael. I'm curious about him. When the judging panel meets, Natasha doesn't really hold my attention like Nadege and Michael. Ryan bugs me too.

joanne - I do watch some mindless TV at times but Ryan takes it to another level.

dalia - not sure. I feel like the American one (the original) is more about entertainment than trying to launch modeling careers.

glamah16 - I hope there marriage lasts long than most celeb ones. She seems like a nice lady.

Monika said...

I watched the red carpet special too :) loved the dresses.

Claudia said...

Bellissimo!! I think that Michael is either of English or American origin...while he does speak Italian very well, I can hear that he's not a native speaker. I could be wrong but that's what I think...

Faith at Acts of Faith Blog said...

JHud broke up with her former boyfriend/fiance a while ago, hooked up with a NFL player, supposedly went back to old boy and is now with Punk. Hey - she's 26. Her latest guy reminds me of Terry McMillan's ex.

Piccola said...

Michael was on the American version of Top Model (for one episode)and he does speak perfect English. What I can't remember is if it was when Top Model was in Milan or Rome. I'm sure you can find it on youtube.

Anonymous said...

They broadcast the Emmy award ceremony last night on Sky. Did you catch it? Ricky Gervais and Steve Carrell were great! Josh Groban's medley was painful to sit through. I didn't catch the red carpet this time. I'm still curious to see the clothes and I used to love that stuff when I was younger but now it's all about "Who are you wearing?". Can get a bit boring especially if you know the actress has no clue and their stylist put their entire ensemble together. Put a monkey in a dress and it's the same thing.

I've never watched any of the Next Top Model shows because A) Tyra freaks me out and B) don't want to watch it in front of my daughter. But from this clip it doesn't look half bad. And I don't mind Natasha Stefanenko (the presenter). She used to be a model way back when. Michael is definitely not Italian. I can hear his accent even if his Italian is very good.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

monika - yes I will have to go online to see the dresses.

claudia - You are correct.

faith - ha, he does look like him. hmmm J. Hud better be careful.

piccola - grazie. Not sure why I feel the need to learn more about this Michael but I do. :)

milanesemarsala - I didn't see the show. I was at a dinner. I just started to get into ANTM thanks to a marathon I watched one day back in L.A. when I was sick. I haven't seen all the seasons. So far none of the winner are "America's Top Model". I don't know what is up with Tyra's weave. She need to soften it up a little.

Someday I hope to speak Italian well.

erin said...

yay! i'll be watching the Italian Top Model now on youtube...I catch up on ANTM every week that way. Have you even seen this current season...SO CHEESY! Tyra is taking it to another level with robot costumes, star-trek beams. Ri-DICUlous.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

erin - no I haven't seen it. Star Trek beams? I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

Did you hear there is a pre-op transgender woman on this season of America's Next Top Model? Good of them to be so open.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

new - I've heard but haven't seen it.