Monday, September 18, 2006

Back in L.A.

Yesterday I saw a wild turkey in my brother's backyard.

I did not get a chance to work with my mom and fill out the French citizenship forms. We only got to see each other on Friday and I did not bring them with me. There is a french women on my JLLA committee and she said she would help me.

Friday my sister and I went to pick up our parents and then went to Short Hills Mall. I was so excited to see them. I miss them already. I won't see them again until Christmas.

I am not a mall person but I loooooove Short Hills. There is no sales tax on clothes in NJ. My friend, who lives in Chatman came and met us at the mall. I haven't seen her since she moved from L.A. to NYC. She was an agent, was sick of Hollywood, moved to the city and within months met the man who became her husband. It was so good to see her and catch up.

We dropped off my parents, went to Wegmans and then back to my brothers. He made dinner and my nephew went to bed. We stayed up for a while talking and tried to come up with baby names. My sister in law is due early next year. I don't think I have laughed so hard in months.

Sat. went to the city. It took me almost an hour and a half by train. I went to MOMA. It's the first time I have been there since the renovation. I love that museum. It was good to see some of my favorite works of art, and I enjoyed the design exhibits, which I don't remember visiting before. The sculpture garden is beautiful. It had rained all week but Sat. was perfect.

I walked around Central Park then met another friend for lunch. I was telling her how happy I was to be back east. I walked up 6th Ave. to MOMA and there was a street fair going on. So many people were wearing Yankee gear (there was a double header that day against the Red Sox). All the bars, pubs and restaurants were full with people watching the game. I had a great time at lunch. She was so positive and had some good, solid advice.

I walked over to the east side. Went into Bloomies then Dylan's Candy Bar. It was packed. I walked downtown toward the Flatiron buidling. Went into Jo Malone. I have a Saks gift certificate and was thinking of getting her Pomegranate noir scent. The Lime, Basil one i have is more of a spring/summer scent.

Walked down Broadway, past my old gym, Equinox on Broadway and 19th, my old farmer's market at Union Square, The Coffee Shop. There has been so much construction since I left, a Whole Foods and a Trader Joes. Now there are Jamba Juices in the city.

I continued walking downtown and went all over Soho. Met another friend for dinner at Barolo. We sat outside in the courtyard. She also lived in L.A. for over 11 years moved back NYC last year. She looks great and is happy. I told her within three years I do not want to be living in L.A. full time. Not sure how I will make this goal.

I read my book on the flight back. I addressed the notes I received. I hope I executed them well. I did enjoy this last re-write. I went from around 65,000 to 77,000 words.

I left my car at the airport. It was 8:45 so I took the freeway back. Big mistake. I got off the 405 at Venice. The 405 was backed up for miles. Why on a Sunday night at almost 9:00 p.m.?

Last night I woke up at 12:30 a.m. because my neighbor and her child were loud again. Why is this girl drinking apple juice so late at night?

It was hard to come back to my apartment after this weekend. My brother's kitchen is probably bigger than my living room and the laundry room is around the same size as my bathroom. I loved the guest bathroom. They have a big Kohler shower head. So relaxing. I look forward to the day I move out of this apartment.

I'm going to put on some music and start writing.


Anonymous said...

welcome home!!! as you can see, i am still riveted to your every move! LOL


nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

thanks D. :)