Monday, February 06, 2012

NY Giants Win!


As a football fan, this was a great Super Bowl, better than those boring blowout Super Bowls.

As a Giants fan, it was way too stressful. The last two minutes were unreal. It was 4:30 a.m. when the game ended so I tried to keep my yelling to a minimum. It was not easy.

I am so proud of the Giants.

They did not start the season well. Everyone thought the Packers would destroy them during the playoffs. People keep underestimating Eli despite him being named Super Bowl MVP twice.

This team has some great younger players, like Nicks, Cruz. I'm excited for the future.

Watching the game in Italian (primo down! il fumble! Mamma Mia, il sack!) was priceless.

Madonna's entrance was fantastic. That is how you do a half-time show. The next person talking smack about her age needs to STFU. She's 53 and more entertaining than "stars" half her age. I didn't see this amount of snark when men who were older than Madonna performed during half-time. That said, I'm not loving her new song. Maybe it will grow on me.



Photos:Getty Images

6 comments:

DonnaForeverserenity said...

It was fabulous! So happy for their win! Madonna rocked out!lol!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Yes, she sure did! I don't know how walked down the steps in those boots.

gibber said...

Gggggggggggmen!!

oilandgarlic said...

Is it strange being an American football fan in Italy? My husband hates being in the U.S. during the world cup! Even though it's made progress here in terms of fans and less negative coverage, it's not the same as being in Italy or Europe.

Paola said...

I know nothing about football but am over the moon that Giants won (my dad's whole family lives in NY) and MY GOD Madonna is something else, you are right, to go up and down those steps while singing and dancing, at 53?
She's great!
I am sure the new song will grow on you, and us.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

gibber - I wish I could have been at the parade.

oilandgarlic - not in Rome as there are so many (thousands) of American expats here. The bars will full of people watching the playoffs and the games started after midnight our time.

paolo - I doubt I could walk/dance in heels that high now much less at 53!