Saturday, February 18, 2012

Do You Have An Interest In Pinterest?

Why is Pinterest everywhere all of a sudden?

It's been around for almost two years, but has seen an explosion in popularity recently.

I had lunch with a friend the other day and I mentioned that I had just signed up. She said I was the third person to rave about the site to her within the last 24 hours.

I read a large segment of the Pinteresti are women creating boards for weddings. I don't know any of those women personally.

Some dismiss Pinterest as Tumblr for chicks. Yes, 80% of the users are women. Yet, us silly women are driving more Internet traffic than Google+, YouTube, and a bunch of other popular sites.

I'm still working on my boards, but I think Pinterest is great. Basically, it's a visual bulletin board. What a brilliant idea.

Most of my friends who "Pin" work in creative fields; writers, potters, photographers, designers, cooks, advertising execs, etc.

Pinterest is going to be around for a while. A site has to be pretty special to stand out in a very crowded social media market.

Do you Pin? Why do you like about the site?

8 comments:

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

Yes I use it and find it fun. I have had many guys pin some of my travel photos which I thought was cool. I am hoping to drive more traffic to my blog with it and am finding it cool for recipes and items I may wish to purchase, to keep track of, better than paper.

Eleonora Baldwin said...

My name is Eleonora and I'm a pinner.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

I can see why the site is so addictive. I will check out your boards.

jannelle said...

I'm a pin junkie. I signed up over the weekend thanks to insomnia. I love the travel pics and hilarious quote cards or whatever you call them. My favorite is "I wish that cake went to my boobs." I'm still relatively new to it. I want to use it to promote my book that's coming out real soon, not sure how as yet though.

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

I love Pinterest. I have about 20 boards ranging from travel to food to crafty stuff. I use it to remind myself of how creative I USED TO be... and to make myself look totally awesome for these easy to impress Italians.

DonnaForeverserenity said...

Not yet, but I agree, I've seen and heard so much about it, now you guys make me HAVE TO!lol!

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

Hello there I am a pinterest fan too :).

Bronnie said...

I'm a mad pinner! I'm not into weddings... I'm into the FOOD! :)