Sunday, March 27, 2011

Karl Lagerfeld Photography Exhibit in Rome

If you love photography and/or fashion, I highly recommend this show. The exhibit ends April 10th.

I went with two friends last week.

I knew Sir Karl was a talented photographer but it was the first time I've seen a collection of his work. Amazing.

The first section is dedicated to portraits, fashion, landscapes, architecture and nudes (including his muse Jean Baptiste Giabiconi). The second section showcases Lagerfeld more experimental work.

The Bramante gallery (Chiostro del Bramante) is one of my favorite spaces in Rome. It's worth a trip for the building alone.

Chiostro del Bramante
Arco della Pace, 5
00186 Roma
+(39)066 8809036

5 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

I'm jealous. I bet the exhibit is fabulous.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Molto molto cool. This is type of things I miss being near a big city for...although to be honest I wasn't great at picking myself up to actually go to such things when I lived right in the middle of a city. Hahahaha...still it's nice to have the option! Thanks for letting me live vicariously :)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Los Angelista - It was. Maybe it will travel NYC and L.A? It came to Rome after opening in Paris.

Michelle - You're welcome! It helps that things are easy to get to here. In L.A. I hardly went to the museums as I hated being in a car all the time. In NYC I walked over all the city (or took the subway) to check out art. Glad I can do that again.

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon,

I'm still really interested in getting you involved as a contributor to www.chorusandecho.com as I really love your blog, but never received any response from my last email to you?

Would you please let me know whether you have any interest in working with us, or of course if you are not interested, just reply to this and I will leave you alone.

The launch of Chorus+Echo has gone really well and is now 2 weeks old. There's still a lot of changes to be made, both technically and visually, with the next version of the site (which will be a real upgrade) planned to be released in 3 to 4 weeks time. Most importantly for us, the content has been received really well with our audience coming to the site from across the World and in the kind of numbers we had hoped for.

Please check out the website, remembering we're just beginning and this isn't the finished article... then let us know what you think, be great to have you on board and if you have any more questions just drop me a line.

All the best,

Jean-Robert and Luc

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Jean-Robert - I sent you an email with my contact information. Not sure what happened but I did respond to your previous message.