Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Help! I'm addicted to The Rachel Zoe Project.

The show has recently started airing in Italy on E! Italia. I cannot stop watching it.

Ms. Zoe grew up in the same area as me (I've already discussed how much I love Short Hills Mall) and I totally hear her slight, suburban Northern New Jersey accent.

I'm pretty sure Zoe (like myself) has been saying "bananas" before Gwen Stefani's "Holla Back" song. Once that song came out I had to make an effort to drop "bananas" from my vocabulary. It made me salty as bananas was one of my favorite words. It's so useful. Living in L.A. and now Rome, I constantly find myself in situations that can only be described as "BA-NAN-AS". As in, getting a driver's license in Italy is bananas.

Zoe gets a lot of flack, even from her husband sometimes, about how serious she takes her career. It's dismissed as "only" fashion. Sorry, but I respect people who have a passion for what they do. I hate that the creative arts/crafts are not respected in America unless you make a lot of money.

There are many very talented and smart people who work in fashion. Clothing is the one thing that touches almost every single person's life, unless they walk around naked.

Yes, some people are over the top but so freaking what? Fashion should be fun. With all the horrific things going on the world, it's great to get excited about something that speaks to you, whether it's a photograph, a painting, a film, a song or a beautiful dress.

A clip from the show. Everything is so DRAMATIC! I do remember seeing Cameron's Chanel dress and Eva's Dior dress on the red carpet and thinking they were gorgeous. It's interesting to see how the outfits came together.



An interview with Harper's Bazaar.


This spoof cracked me up. The two have met and did a video together. It's good to see Zoe has a sense of humor. Too many people in Hollywood do not.

8 comments:

Thirteenlbs said...

Love this. I will have to check out the show (don't hit me, I don't watch much TV!!!)

Thirteen Pounds

gibber said...

Oh great. I've finally stopped watching the Real World and no you've made me want to add the Rachel Zoe Project to my must watch list! I die!

erin said...

haha!! I know...totally addicting right?! i DIE!

Lucia said...

lol...now I'm watching it on Youtube at work!

tonisha said...

i went through the whole 2 seasons in one shot when i discovered it last year. i'm so ashamed. that spoof is spot on!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

thirteenlbs - I won't hit you, :) I try to limit my TV watching but sometimes I do get sucked into certain programs.

gibber - As a Jerseyite you will literally die from the show.

The Real World is still on the air? I stopped watch after the Vegas one with Trishelle. (sp)

erin - yes, it is.

lucia - enjoy!

tonisha - oh there is nothing to be ashamed of. I sometimes watch the reruns.

Anonymous said...

It's a problem. I love this show.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

sm - I know of what you speak!