Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Design Inspiration: Annette Joseph's Cinque Terre Apartment

I first became aware of interior designer/photo stylist Annette Joseph when I saw the film location apartment she created for Gwenyth Paltow on GOOP.

Then one of my favorite design blogs, Design Sponge, profiled her APARTMENT in the Cinque Terre area. STUNNING!!

Later, I saw her work in RUE and realized I had seen her work before in my beloved DOMINO magazine (RIP).

Annette has been coming to Italy since she was a child. Six years ago she and her husband decided to buy a place on the coast.

I love Annette's use of color in her apartment. Grey is having a moment but I don't think it will ever go out of style. It's a classic neutral.

The bathroom is amazing (that sink!!). I like that she used a lot of local materials.

Annette's apartment is light and airy. Perfect for a place near the sea.

I highly recommend Annette's BLOG. She has great posts on not only design/decorating but entertaining, cooking, etc. Very inspiring.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a bit fan of Annette's too. We have to go visit her in Liguria, I keep meaning too, but can never find the time. Maybe we can get her down to Rome next month.

Annette said...

bella post! grazie mille. spero ci vediamo a presto in italia. bacione

somepinkflowers said...

thanks so much for the link
to annette joseph's blog
and
don't you just enjoy GOOP!

...that gwenyth!
isn't she fun

erin said...

soooo beautiful. never would have known this was in the CT just by glancing. but then when you look closely you can totally see the careful details hinting at the location! Love it

peepthischica said...

chica, i just saw your movie mentioned on twitter (jumping the broom). congrats!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

elizabeth - Road trip! I really like her design POV. If she does come to Rome let me know.

annette - Prego!!

somepinkflowers - I know GP gets a lot of flack for GOOP but she does have great suggestions.

erin - I have never been to the CT! I must correct that situation soon.

peepthischica - thank you. JTB opens May 6th, Mother's Day weekend.

gibber said...

I would cut a b*tch for that sink. I'm just kidding. I wouldn't cut anyone. I might push them a bit.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

gibber - so violent! But damn that sink is amazing.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

What a poifect quote for Italy: God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

kold - Oh I remember those skits.