Thursday, March 24, 2011

Flashback Friday (on Thursday) - Elizabeth Taylor Tribute By Paul Newman

I'm in shock. Which is strange because nobody lives forever.

However, Elizabeth Taylor seemed so larger than life, to hear of her death surprises me.

Many people are called "Legends" or "Movie Stars". Few deserve these titles. Elizabeth Taylor does and was one of a kind. With her passing, another member of the Golden Age of Hollywood is gone.

Elizabeth has always been one of my favorite names. My paternal grandmother was named Elizabeth and if I ever had a daughter that is what I would've named her. Don't tell my mom. I do like the name Martha, my maternal grandmother's name but Elizabeth has been number one on my list since I was a child.

People who have met Dame Taylor have told me she really was luminous, funny and kind. She will be missed.

This short tribute by Paul Newman is lovely.

2 comments:

gibber said...

Wow, that was really nice. And oh my. The two of them on screen together is just entirely TOO MUCH HOTNESS for the screen.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

I agree too much hotness.