Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Is it a holiday?

Today is MLK day but I have been going non stop. First the gym, laundry, italian homework, read two scripts, cleaned my apartment. The Golden Globes are today. My boss asked me if I wanted to go to the Lionsgate pre-party, I had nothing to wear so stayed home and made jerk chicken. I used the spices I bought in St. Martin. Very good but I thought the mild one was pretty spicy.

Yesterday, did some shopping and tried a new recipe I found on Foodnetwork.com. I made a lemon pound cake. I burnt the sides a little but it was sooooo good. I'm going to take the rest to work tomorrow.

I was going to go over to a friend's house to watch the Globes but she is slammed with work and will basically have the show on mute. So instead I'll watch the show at home in my PJs. For dinner I think I'll make some garlic shrimp and try not to eat too much cake. I need to lose 14 lbs.

I have a week before my Italian classes start again. I will be Intermediate, Level 1. I am so out of practice. I am trying to review a few chapters from our textbook and listen to my CDs. Our gang of 4 from class last year are going to meet for drinks in a couple weeks. We are all in different classes this year. Two are one level ahead of us. Last time we met for brunch, I couldn't understand half the conversation.

Okay back to work.

No comments: