Sunday, September 12, 2010

A show celebrating Keith Haring in Rome featuring Jessica Stewart

The very talented Jessica was selected to be one of twenty artists paying tribute to Haring on the 20th anniversary of his death.

I met up with some friends at the opening last night in Monti. The turnout was fantastic. Congrats Jessica!

The popular artist Mr. Klevra was also included. I felt honored to have a piece of his art...temporarily.

I've linked to Jessica's RomePhotoBlog before. She has a great eye. Check it out for more info about this exhibit and to see her Flickr stream of the evening. She was able to take some photos of the art.

I remember seeing Keith's "people" all over downtown Manhattan back in the day.


Mr. Klevra at work.


Too bad I have to take a shower.






4 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for the write up, I'm so glad you could make it! Haha, I was sad to wash off my artwork as well.

For anyone that couldn't make the opening, the exhibit is up until October 3!

Crossing Borders said...

Very nice!

Gngrsnap said...

Hello NYC/Caribbean Ragazza,
First let me say I've been reading your blog on and of for the last year ago. I like reading on your perspectives of moving to Rome. I think it is such a brave thing to do! I am taking a tour of Rome next week and I'm so excited about it. I was wondering if I could ask a few questions about recommendations of some things to do and see, but did not see a link to email you offline. I will try to look out for this exhibit if I am in the right place to see it!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

jessica - you're welcome!

annauyim - grazie.

tina - thanks for reading. Under the labels Rome Off The Tourist Track, Sightseeing, Favorite Things and the Food, Drink labels I wrote about some of things I like to do/go in Rome. Hope you have a great trip.