Sunday, September 19, 2010

Favorite Things: Gerbera Daisies.

Yes, I watch my budget closely but decided the 4 euros I paid for these flowers was worth it. It meant one less gelato or glass of wine that week.

I put them in an old milk bottle I bought at Gelson's supermarket in L.A. I know it's kind of wacky this silly bottle made the move overseas but I love it.

When I start making money I will always have fresh flowers in my apartment. Gerbera Daisies, along with Peonies, are among my favorite flowers.

Once I do buy a house in the country, I plan to work with a fab landscape architect and plant a gorgeous flower garden. I'm being optimistic despite having no idea how I will pay rent in a few months. I continue to read home design magazines/blogs and real estate ads for houses in Piemonte and Puglia. Denial is a good thing sometimes.

I wonder if there's a flower mart in Rome, similar to the ones in NYC or L.A. If so, is it near the Center?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Sunday to you (finishing up the coffee and pumpkin pancakes!) Gerber Daisies are my favorite flower as well..they remind me how simple intricate beauty can be :)..have a great day!

erin said...

yay for gebera daisies....these are the only flowers we had at our wedding :)

gibber said...

gerber daisies and yellow roses are my favorite flowers.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Glad to see my fellow Daisy lovers!

Kataroma said...

The flower market in Rome is in Prati near Circonvalazione Trionfale. My friend used to live across the street and they woke her up every morning at 3am. Get there early - I think they close at around 8am from what my friend said.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Kataroma - Thank you! I go to the Trionfale farmers' market but after 8:00 a.m. I will go earlier one morning and look for the flower mart.

joanne at frutto della passione said...

Gerberas are my favourites too, those and tulips - just love them!

dalia said...

we have the same favourite flowers (nice colour choice!). peonies smell divine!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

joanne - I adore tulips too. I must buy some when they're back in season.

dalia - yes they do. I bought some Peony soap from L'Occitane when I was home recently.

Barbara von Enger said...

Aren't these pretty? Ideal way to brighten one's house and I adore the milk bottle too. Gives everything a bohemian/antique feel.