Friday, November 27, 2009

Flashback Friday – Donny Hathaway - "This Christmas"

Yes I know in America the day after Thanksgiving is "Black Friday", the biggest shopping day of the year.

I don't get it. Standing in line from 3:00 a.m.? People getting trampled to death over some bargains? I just don't think the season is about that.

To me the day after Thanksgiving means one thing....I can break out my Christmas music!!!!

This is one of my all time favorites. Don't even speak to me about that lame Chris Brown cover. Rest in peace Donny.

Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Jen said...

LOVE Donny Hathaway.

Like you, now I can break out that Christmas music! That's a transition I love.

I don't do the Black Friday thing, either. Ever.

Kim B. said...

Can't believe it's been a year since you got me started on YouTube listening to the Christmas tunes . . . how did that happen!!!?!?! (one year passed)

Unknown said...

My sister and I always go out on Black Friday. It is our tradition and not for the shopping but for the solitude of the dark empty roads(we leave at 5AM), coffee and left over buttermilk biscuit breakfast in car, Christmas music playing on radio and the giggles and laughter we share as we make our way through 3 pre-selected stores to mostly people watch. We spent all of $20 this year (we make our own gifts and have $ cap) but the fun we had together is worth the hustle and bustle!!

ieishah said...

seriously, where'd the year go??

i die for vanessa williams' 'what child is this?' gonna go download it now! happy holidays??

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

jen - I only listened to it once a year. Not sure why. I guess listening to Christmas music in June, seems weird. ha

kimB. I have no idea!

simone -That does sound like fun. Better than lining up at 3:00 in the cold.

ieishah - that's a good one too! I love her voice.