Friday, November 20, 2009

Flashback Friday – Destiny's Child - "Say My Name"

Regardless how one might feel about Bey, you cannot deny this song from 2000 is very catchy. Love the bridge and the harmony.

While I hate the producer shout outs in the song (hello did people shout out Motown! Stax! Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart! etc. back in the day?) this was the jam.

The original group was singing on this track and when the video came out there was a lot of controversy regarding why two of the members were kicked out.

Beyonce is a huge star now so I don't know if DC will ever reunite.

Have a great weekend. It's going to be GORGEOUS in Rome. I might have to take my Macbook and work outside.

Here is the VIDEO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh course the young ladies here at school know the scoop, LOL ,The two missing members of DC were replaced right before the group broke big . one was replace with one of B's cousin. the other I'm not sure.
Michele is still singing , but singing gospel .
Davide

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Davide - I remember it did get ugly. The moment I saw DC I knew Beyonce was going to go solo.