Friday, August 12, 2011

When in Rome...

Well, at least my blog will be on vacation for Ferragosto.

I have to finish my novel and work on a TV pitch. No vacation for me.

My neighborhood is very popular with tourists and drunk American exchange students so it won't be as quiet as other areas in Rome.

Most of my favorite places are closed until September and the majority of my friends are out of town as well.

This summer has been stressful, but I'm optimistic something great is going to happen soon.

Buon Ferragosto! See in you September.



7 comments:

rinaz said...

All the best for your novel :-)

Paola said...

Must be strange in a city like Rome this time of the year ...
Stay cool and Buon Ferragosto!

Viajera said...

Best of luck with everything. Doesn't seem that you'll be missing much in the neighbourhood, so hopefully that will help you to focus.

Valerie said...

Hope you'll get some sleep, relax, and get a lot of work done on that novel! Then take a real ferie after August.

dorinalouise said...

buon ferragosto, arlene. good luck with your writing :) i've been trying to organize our school lessons for autumn . . no vacation here right now either!

Homebody at Heart said...

Hope you're having a nice vacation! Did you go anywhere or have a staycation?

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Grazie tutti!

I did go away on my birthday for the weekend. No vacation for me this year.

Hopefully I will be able to take one next year.