Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mad Men is back this Sunday!

I will see if I can download it from Amazon. I had to switch to iTunes Italia so I don't know it they have it. A friend just told me that MAD MEN airs in Italy on SKY. I don't have a TV yet but that is good to know.

This is hands down the best show on American TV right now. The writing is incredible...smart, moving, funny. The show just received 16 Emmy nods.

This season kicks off 2 years later. I cannot wait to see how things unfold for these characters. We know the 60s are about to happen and I wonder how they will deal with their worlds imploding.


Here are the opening credits, I see a Saul Bassinfluence.




A scene that just killed me. It might not make sense out of context but it was from the last episode of Season 1.

10 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

My goodness I've never heard of this! I'll definitely look for it on Sky.

Jessica said...

I LOVE Mad Men too! It plays on the Cult channel. Just wondering why you switched to Italian iTunes? If you have an American credit/debit card you can still use the American one. That's what I do-the Italian one sucks because it doesn't have shows or movies.

Anonymous said...

I love this show too. I have Sky which is great because I can watch in English. It is so well researched and it is amazing to see what was once so common place. Right now they are showing season one again, I can't wait for season 2!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Sorry guys I had the trailer up twice. Now the correct clip is up.

michelle - Let me know what you think.

jessica - for some reason iTunes kicked me out of the U.S. based one. I still have an American credit card but the billing address is in Italy. Does the Cult channel come with basic Sky or is it a premium channel?

joanne - I love how well written these characters are. I wonder if we will ever find out who Don Draper really is.

LuLu said...

I just finished watching the first season of Mad Men last night. It's a great show...I can't wait to watch the second season! I hope you are able to find a way to get the second season!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip about Mad Men. Sounds great.

Jessica said...

Cult isn't premium any more-according to my husband. So you should be good to go if you get basic sky.

Jen said...

I didn't watch this last year... your recommendation is swaying me, though.

Anonymous said...

what a coincidence this is.....yesterday at work guys were crowded around the youtube version of the opening credits and were commenting on how cool the design was. i watched but didn't pay attention to what the actual show was called.

nice graphics though :-)

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

lulu - I am going to download it from Amazon.com.

mikeb - you're welcome.

jessica - thanks for getting back to me. excellent. now all I have to do is get a TV. :)

jen - While the set design is amazing, it's the writing that floors me. Just when you think you have a character figured out, they reveal another layer.

eryn - The opening credits really work well. Gives you in a nutshell what the show is about.