Monday, September 19, 2011

EMMYS

I woke up at 1:55 a.m. to watch the EMMYs.

An intense thunderstorm rolled through Rome around 3ish and the cable went down for a few minutes. I didn't get to see Peter Dinklage's win.

Overall, I thought Jane Lynch was funny. She had some great one liners.

I was confused by Charlie Sheen's comments. Dude, it's not about you. Clearly, he's doing his apology tour. I wonder what brought the change of heart. New publicist?

Can wait for the new season of MAD MEN. When will it air, 2017?



Some favorite moments:


When the women nominated for Best Actress Comedy ran up on stage.

The MAD MEN sketch during the opening montage.

Ashton saying he was looking for the half man during THE OFFICE sketch.

I fell out over the Michael Bolton (!!) Akon/Maya Rudolf mash up.

My former boss Don Cheadle looking sharp.

Guy Pearce winning. He is one of the nicest people in the biz.

Julie Bowen, who played Amy in our movie, surprise win.

Ty Burrell's great acceptance speech.

Seeing Idris in a tux. Bummed he didn't win. LUTHER is amazing. I heard nothing but negative things about THE KENNEDYS mini-series. Did you see it? I was surprised to see how many nominations it received.

Loved Sofia, Kate and Lea's red dresses and the color of Dianna Agron's dress.

I think Gwyneth's dress would have been gorgeous if it were one piece.

I was perplexed by Julianna Margulies' dress. I just started watching THE GOOD WIFE. Great show.

4 comments:

Paola said...

Emmys will be aired tonight on SKYuno, 9PM!!!
And I've "TiVo'd" the Red Carpet which I'll watch carefully after lunch, thank God I've got a lazy Monday today ... the dresses, the bling ...

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Paola - there were some amazing dresses this year.

Paola said...

Oh yes indeed, and I've TiVo's to watch it again.
I am in love with Sofia Vergara, not only is she a bombshell but she's SO DAMN funny on the show (which I lurve!)
And Melissa McCarthy? ADORABLE. (Haven't seen that show yet though).
I watched all Season 1 of The Good Wife and I loved it!
Yes, I am a TV junkie, a sucker for fiction ... I confess.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Paola - I'm a big Sofia fan too.

Haven't seen Melissa's show, but thought she was very funny on the short lived, Samantha Who.