Thursday, April 27, 2006

Never blog while angry

I am actually looking forward to being on a plane for 15 hours. No phone calls!

So this morning at 8:00 my manicurist called the salon, her car broke down. There were other women at Jessica's who could help me. I felt bad for Maria she was really stressed out.

I dropped off my car at the body shop to be repaired while I'm gone. Walked across the street to the hair salon. No one is there. Finally looked at my cell phone, which I had turned off in the nail salon. My stylist, who is always late, had great excuse this time. She was stuck with a client in Ari-freaking-zona. She left me a cell number of another stylist at the salon, David, who could take me at 2:30. Problem is she gave me the wrong cell number! I couldn't call her back because she was on the plane by then. I remembered that my former boss' wife went to this guy. I had to track down his former assistant who gave me a couple of numbers. I talk to David's former biz partner who gave me a couple of numbers to try. I leave a message for David almost in tears at this point.

I wait forever at Joan's on Third for a to go order, I am very salty. Why is there only one person ringing people up at 12:00? David calls me while I'm waiting on the slowest line in America. So that works out but since I don't have a car I have to walk home and back to the salon. I lose at least an hour out of my day. I read a slipped script while getting my hair twisted, which takes 2 1/2 hours. On the walk home I call my co-workers and the producer to tell them what I think about it.

I still have to finish packing, clean my apartment and go to bed early since Super Shuttle is picking me up at 3:40 a.m. tomorrow.

I arrive in Rome at 8:00 a.m. Friday. I'm tired.

1 comment:

Tracie P. said...

have a good trip! just think--you'll have a 15 hour excuse to watch back to back movies.